Saturday, August 23, 2014

zu Fuss (pt 1)

I destroyed my Reebok Nanos in the washing machine yesterday (the internet said machine washing them was a good idea!), which meant one of my first priorities this morning was shoes. I've had my eye on some Merrell Bare Access Arc 3s for weeks, but amazon delivered them a few hours too late before I left Seattle, then Sweden only had them up to size 40 (I'm a 41... how do those tall girls have such small feet?).
Desperate for shoes, I was ready to but the bright yellow shoes at Karstadt Sport when I walked past Schuster and decided to give them a look. It's a Bavarian REI! and they had my shoes, in multiple colors, in my size. Boom.
I tried on all variations on the Merrell shelf, from the ones I looked to the trail model (Gore Tex!), and did a little ruin through the bottom level of the store in each. All the while stumbling through a conversation with the store's show guy in broken German.
I finally picked out my pair and went to the Kassa to pay. The guy who helped me was laughing telling his coworkers about the girl who insisted on jogging in all the shoes.
That's me, the crazy girl. At least my feet are happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!