Friday, August 15, 2014

Rijksmuseum

I was going to call this "Amsterdam blitz," but have to be honest. Really I went into town to see the museum that was being renovated last time I was here. Dutch masters +history + a boats and arm collections, I was sold. 


This beautiful building was completely covered in scaffolding last time!


Bikes and brick buildings - I must be in the right place!

My sleep deprived, adrenaline fueled brain took in 1000 years of sculpture, imperialism, Rembrandt, Vermeer, cannons, pottery, furniture, van Gogh... It was a wonderful whirlwind!


I wandered back to Amsterdam Central through the familiar streets of the bloemenmarkt, over bridges, along canals. There is something comfortable about winding through the quiet streets where everyday life happens.


I'm having a little trouble with photos, since I forgot a cable for my camera. More pictures once I make it to a tech store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!