Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Surprise!

It isn't easy to keep secrets in the Fakkema family. The Moms are members of the underground network we've labeled the Syndicate, the Dads keep each other in the loop, and Oma keeps an eye over everything. I was so excited when work offered to fly me home for thanksgiving and I was able to take Auntie KK  up on her offer to make it a surprise (we still call her that, even though all of us can now pronounce Carolyn).

I got to Blaine on Wednesdsay night and was waiting when Mom, Dad, Oma, and Opa arrived. Uncle Dale makes the best blackened turkey, and there was too much pie and cake and whipped cream to follow (hope I still make my bet with Jim!). Ana and I got to decorate two trees the day after Thanksgiving, including the traditional hall-decking at Opa and Oma's house on the Island. Our drive down there also occasioned a stop by the cabin I am thinking of buying - 600sf of cedar-sided, craftsman cuteness in the old family apple orchard!


The weekend ended with a walk home from spending the evening with old high school friends at the pub... some things will never change ;) Early the next morning, Marcus drove me back to the airport and I was on my way back to Chucktown...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!