Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wochenende

Well, it has been a little slow, but fun nevertheless! Friday evening Ruth and I walked downtown and played some Tischkicker (fooseball) at "the Office," a bar owned and run by some guys from the UK. The bartender was wearing an Oregon sweatshirt, turns out he is from Portland. The other fellow who was pouring biers picked up the phone at one point and

picked up the phone at one point and was speaking in rapid Steirisch through a thick Irish accent. It was hilarious!

    It spat/drizzled/sprinkled all day yesterday, but that did not deter us from biking the three and a half miles to Ikea in the morning! Ruth had never been before, and I was looking for some muslix containers. After finding our stuff and having a lovely wander through the store, we stopped by the cafe for some lunch and an ice cream cone before heading back home.

    It's still gray and overcast outside, but I am hoping that the weather will clear up as we get back into the week. It has cooled off again, so we may even see snow. Right now the hills are gray or evergreen. I was hoping to go on an ESN (Erasmus Student Network) ski trip in a few weekends, but Friday was the last day to sign up and I totally missed it! I guess there's a waiting list now, but the only time that their office is open is during my class period. Super-bummer! Maybe a weekend trip to Slovenia is in order instead...

    Other than that, not much new-
In a few minutes it's off to the Kletterhalle (climbing gym) and then maybe a Kebap stand stop before home. First German test on Tuesday, Yikes!!!

Would love to hear from you, drop me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!