Wednesday, February 23, 2011

End of Sprachkurs









I can't believe that these past three weeks have gone by so quickly! The intensive language course ends tomorrow with written and spoken exams. I am not overly concerned, except that my professor has discovered that I absolutely cannot differentiate between the "u" sound and the "ü" sound. I think I need a speech therapist! In any case, I will miss our class. I am hoping to enroll in another class that Albert (far right, back row) teaches during the semester, either a language and culture course or speaking competence. My semester schedule is still a mess, but on Monday there will be an academic advising session for Civil Engineering students. Hopefully I can get some of this mess sorted out! 


Highlights since the weekend post include:
  • Finding Zimtsterne (Cinnamon stars) at a little Konditori next to the Hauptplatz. They are not exactly like Nana's, but close!
  • Baking a pseudo-Osterzopf loaf. I didn't have an almond flour, but we still liked it enough to eat a third of it right after it came out of the oven! 
  • Going to the exchange student Stammtisch last night. It was definitely more of a "club" feel than the Gemütlichkeit at der Hertzl- which I will miss this week because I ...
  • ... Bought a ticket to the Czech Republic! Leaving tomorrow after the exams and taking a train to Ostrava, where my friend Petra is from. Woohoo!
Click on any picture to go to the web album, which has all of the pictures (more than just these!) in their full-size. 
Hope all is well on your side of the Atlantic!  -b

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!