Saturday, January 25, 2014

All the other Christmas stuff at home...

This is long overdue, but to fill in the blank... 

I love being at home for Christmas. Any excuse to gather with the amazing people in my life around food and traditions.  

This year, Ana and I went down to San de Fuca to celebrate a German tradition with our friend Monika. Every year, she lights her Christmas tree and house with candles. The neighborhood enjoys an evening of gingerbread, Stollen, Glühwein (mulled wine), and good company. Ana and I got to light the tree this year. 

I also made a new friend at home. This is Wellington, the corgi puppy. I was trying to whistle to get his attention!

Dad, Emily, Marcus and I got in one hike up Oyster Dome after the new year. We thought it was going to be a wet hike, but we popped up above the clouds at the bench. It was beautiful!


 The view from the top was even more amazing. All in all, it was a great Christmas break :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!