Monday, November 11, 2013

Tulsa Stopover

I was priviledged to fly home in November for my good friend Erin's wedding, getting to have my friend Anne from Germany stay with me (and be a bridesmaid, too!), and have a stopover with my extended family in Tulsa. Does it get any better?

Luke picked me up in that same old beat up Ford Ranger we rolled in high school. From there, it was the same old routine - cook with C, play with Miss Magoo, shoot guns, plan for when everyone moves back to the beautiful Northwest, build a wood storage rack in the backyard out of stuff stacked in the backyard, walk with Cabree...

There's something beautiful about being with family. The feeling of hanging up your everyday mask at the door, slipping into your lazy day sweats and not brushing your hair, and being free to casually toss your dreams and ambitions against the steady sounding boards of people who truly know you.
Luke and Miss Magoo - I wish I would have waited a second and gotten C in the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!