Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Graz

Graz Landhaus

After a great morning visit to TrainBlue OG (CrossFit), I spent my afternoon in Graz visiting my old haunts.

First stop: kebap at Dietrichstein Platz!


I wandered to my old apartment. It was strange, seeing the window open and not knowing that Mikel and Ruth were home. 

Steyerergasse
The left gable window was mine for 5+ months
 Walking back into town, I visited Hauptplatz and found it returned to normal after Aufsteirern. All of the market stalls were in place and Strassenbahn bells echoed off the baroque façades.


The Mur river was extremely high, to the point that Murinsel bridges were nearly horizontal. Even through March and April melts in 2011, I never saw the river so high that it overtook the promenade. 

Murinsel is lit up blue at night and looks like a floating seashell

"I feel so empty" - drink something!

"I feel so empty" - go see a psychiatrist!
My train to Berlin left early the next morning, so, after one more evening relaxing with Anna and Christoph, I took an early morning walk to the Hauptbahnhof. I had the city virtually to myself in the blue morning half-light.



Tchüß, Graz. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!