Friday, October 10, 2014

Une Soirée au Québec - An Evening in Quebec



Fall is a double edged sword. On one hand, the hills of Quebec are on fire with autumn colour that glows as the sun breaks through the clouds. I woke up to that colour outside my 13th floor hotel room Tuesday morning. On the other hand, it gets dark early. Fortunately, I'm staying at the edge of the tourist district, which means that sundown is not an end to the day!


Rainbows and Sunshine
When I got home from work yesterday, the sun was just breaking through the rain clouds. Nicol, my new boss, took me to dinner Tuesday night and then gave me a walking/driving tour of old town to help me get my bearings. I put on my walking boots and set out to explore the city confident in my ability to find the walled city center and my way back home.

Gare Québec

Rue St Pierre

Notre-Dame-des-Victoires

Le Petit-Champlain

Moon on the St Lawrence River

Le Chateau Frontinac


One of the city gates

Poutine, Lebatt, and a Montreal-

A typical Québécois residential street on the way home

1 comment:

  1. Remember many of those places...but we were traveling with 3 young boys!! Great game for 34 (passes for 1st down and TD, snaps, blocks, tackles) and 52...many tackles. Em/Josh, AK/Clint plus two of AK's roommates for dinner and game plus AMarilyn and UKeith...busy night. Traveling mercies to Michigan and another week of first and new things. Enjoy. Blessings LHP

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!