Thursday, October 9, 2014

On the Road Again - à Québec!

Add caption


A week after getting home from Europe, I was underway again heading East. For those who don't know, while I was in Europe I got a job offer from Innovmetric. They build a software that interprets laser scan or probe data and generates geometry for either verification (checking that your part is within tolerance) or reverse engineering (making a digital version of a 3D object). To get trained on the software, I had to take a trip to Canada. Quebec City, to be precise. 
line #1. The joys of flying Monday morning.
 I don't know how to describe the connections between Seattle and Quebec City other than kinda crappy. The best option includes a 5 hour flight to Philadelphia (leaving A-town at 4:15 AM), 3 hours of nothingness, and a little plane hop to QBC that gets you to your hotel near midnight the same day. If there's one benefit of getting up so early, at least you sleep through part of the long flight and are ready to sleep once you get to the east coast!


biking out the stiff legs in Philly
I really didn't see anything of Quebec City when I first got there. It was dark! I had a little less sleep than usual and was back on my feet the second my alarm went off to get ready to meet my new co-workers and boss face to face for the very first time... One of the most stressed days I've had in the past several months, but it was great! More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!