Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sunshine in the San Juans

 Despite my long silence, I really have been adventuring in the past several weeks! Getting 2 weeks off from work was wonderful. The first was taken over by Christmas and a nasty head cold. The second week, I was lucky enough to be visited by friends from Sweden! Russ and Josefin invited Maria and I over for dinner when I was in Göteborg this summer. They were in the area for Christmas with Russ's family, so we took a day to explore the San Juan Islands.

Me and Josefin, Mt Baker behind us
There's a Swedish crown in the middle of the ring at Lopez Dock. Josefin hit a bullseye!
 We spent some time wandering around town, stopping in a cheese shop to try cougar gold and in a local studio to look for prints for Russ and Josefin's wall. After a lunch by the water, we went out to Lime Kiln Point. The tide was out, so we did a little tide pool exploration.




 I made a bit of a mistake on the way home, and we ended up having to disembark at Lopez and hang out for an hour or two. We watched the sun set over Fisherman's Bay and got a coffee at the general store. Finally, the Elwah came back for us. We worked on a puzzle of Venice all the way home.






1 comment:

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!