Saturday, March 7, 2015

Mt Constitution Hike

I try to put up a blog post within a week of an adventure or event, so this is rather late...

Winter in the PNW has been unusually warm and sunny this year. So warm and sunny, in fact, that M and I decided to go on our first hiking adventure back in February. He has spent several weeks in the past year working on Orcas, coming back every time with stories of hiking/running around Moran state Park. A sunny Valentine's Day weekend was the perfect excuse to go explore the lakes, trails, and mountain on the east side of the island.




We camped at Mountain Lake both nights. We need to visit again this summer with paddleboards, because the lake was beautiful! We walked down the south end of the lake and found a beautiful little concrete dam. I nerded out for a little while :)

on the dam at Mountain Lake




From Mountain lake, we followed the creek past Hidden Falls and Cascade Falls to Cascade Lake. From there, it was uphill all the way to the top of Mt Constitution. Nobody told me there was a castle in the San Juans!
Marcus's favorite tree is a huge old growth
Take a picture of him...
Taking a picture of me
Back at camp, we made delicious foil dinners to re-fuel. Seriously the best camp dinner I've ever had! Sunday morning we stopped at Brown Bear Baking in East Sound for a "second breakfast" of coffee and muffins. I had never been to East Sound, so poking around the book stores and coffee shops was great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!