Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Poäng Chair Makeover

The Ikea Poäng chair is a classic piece of design that I have coveted for years. A high school friend had one in her living room that I claimed every time I was at her house. So as soon as I walked into my new apartment, I saw a perfect spot by the window for a perfect Poäng chair. I wasn't stoked about spending $150+ on a new chair with footstool, so my first stop was Craigslist. There it was: a brown laminated birch chair with  a footrest. A quick trip to Seattle, some dissassembly (it wouldn't fit in my Golf otherwise), a quick re-assembly, and it was mine. Well, sorta. The cusions, though in great condition, were a little... plain.

Okay, it's a rendering... I forgot to take before pictures!
Enter my creative, brilliant, can-do mother. Who is also master of the sewing machine. A bit of canvas, a few late nights, and here's what we came up with:



I'm looking forward to many weekend mornings curled up here with a good book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!