Monday, November 24, 2014

November Sun

I love the wintry weather of the Pacific Northwest. Last week we had a Northerly wind that brought clear skies and icy temperatures. My new desk looks east to the Cascade Mountains and the sunrise lures me into my office very morning.

Cascade Sunrise
Usually the most available camera at my desk is just my phone, which really doesn't have a great lens. Still, Mt Baker looks pretty stellar in the morning gold. 


Sunrise over Fidalgo Bay

Last Monday afternoon I went on a run along the water and up to the Cap Sante overlook. There was a Foss tug (the green hulled one) in Fidalgo Bay, and Mt Baker was looking pretty fine above Hat Island. 

Fidalgo Bay

The next evening I met my friend Melissa to do the Rock Trail hike near Bellingham. The Chuckanut formation is made of a horseshoe of ancient sandstone that has weathered into some very cool formations.  The sun was going down over Chuckanut Bay as we started, so we'll have to go back and get a better look at the stone...

Sunset in the Chuckanut
This week the normal weather came back, gray and wet. Before it arrived, M and I went out to Washington Park to enjoy the last dry evening in the foreseeable future. He ran it (training for the Dallas Kloke Relay) and I walked and enjoyed the views.

Blakely Island across Rosario Straight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!