Thursday, June 23, 2011

Processing...

Since coming back from Croatia I have been trying to deal with the fact that I am leaving Graz in a week. There are so many things that I will miss about Graz... here are ten of them, in no particular order...
  1. Taking down the maypole in Hauptplatz
     There are yogurt vending machines at the 
    university.
  2. I am free to think critically about american culture, politics, and history and have opportunity to epress my thoughts 
  3. I'm not fluent in German yet. I can't leave before I'm fluent, can I? now where i can generally understand people, and am starting to learn to express myself. And there are so many other languages around me! 
  4. Transport- bike everywhere. public transportation rocks. and it's flippin easy here. 
  5. it is hard to have a "buybuybuy" supermarket when you have to pay for every (resuable!) shopping bag and walk home with it 
  6. distinct coffee culture, sweet lokals, and 300 types of bread...
  7. just starting to really get to know people, I meet new people every day- so many interesting people out there! 
  8. I live at the gateway to so many amazing places with unique cultures, languages 
  9. the weather is great- the rain rarely lasts for more than a day, the sun comes out after thunderstorms, and it smells like Creston :) 
  10. Castles, Roman ruins, and recent history (first hand and second hand) is so much better than a book!
My to-do list for when I get home is also a bit intimidating- Find a job, take my "intecultural studies course" (because WSU does not accept studying in Austria as an intercultural study), find a way to not forget all of the German that I've learned, and generally figure out what direction to go with life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!