Saturday, June 24, 2017

L’été à les fortifications

June means another trip to Quebec! A significant amount of work has been done on the fortifications in the past year, and I spent a warm, sunny afternoon checking them out. 




I promised the recipient of a postcard evidence that I wrote it on a fortified wall using a cannon as a table. Here's the photographic proof:


The "main" gate is a perfect amplifier for buskers, and there were several jamming away. Below the gate, Rue St Jean was closed to motorized traffic. The restaurants spilled into the streets and tourists filled the road.



I walked through the newly-rennovated armoury north of Rue St Jean and found piles of cannonballs near the officer's quarters. The repaired wall looks beautiful! Next summer, I think I need to ask to be excused from an afternoon of meetings to actually go and tour the museum and other sights downtown...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!