Friday, May 19, 2017

In the meantime

After two months of running around like a crazy person, I've had a wonderfull, continuous 3 weeks at home. Next week it's off to the south end of the state, but here's what we've been up to in the meantime... 

Sunset view from Rock Ridge

Traffic was its usual Seattle level of molasses on the way home from my last training, so I pulled off on the "next" exit after things got thick. I found myself in Eastlake, a neighborhood on the steep sloping bank between I-5 and Lake Union. The sun broke through the clouds as I stretched my legs and waited for traffic to clear. 


Houseboats

Voxx latte art


Two weekends ago, we spent a Sunday test driving cars with the promise of a wander around a lovely spot we'd never visited. Whatcom falls is on the creek that drains Whatcom Lake into Bellingham Bay. A concrete and stone arched bridge gives you a great view of the falls and fish farm flume. We spent an hour or so wandering the old railroad paths and stream side trails. 



And the result of the car shopping? Well, I'm going to take the buyout on my TDI. The paperwork is already in, and the replacement is sitting in the driveway: a 2013 Toyota Rav4. "Moni" goes back to the VW dealership next Friday, and our epic Western US road trip will be taking place in the Rav... Name TBD!

Any name suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!