Saturday, April 15, 2017

Bishop Arts District (Dallas, TX)

The week after my Quebec trip, I immediately had another trip scheduled for a training in Dallas. Oofda. Nevertheless, I headed south in search of sunshine and coffee. While it turned out that Dallas is a coffee wasteland, there was sunshine and chaco weather!

Everything's bigger in Texas? 

After two days of training, I finally threaded my way through the web of highways in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in search of real, local coffee. I walked into a cafe that had great ratings on TripAdvisor and found that it was not a cafe... it was an all-day breakfast restaurant. I asked a waitress if there was anywhere to sit and just enjoy an iced coffee. She paused, looked at me, and said "Starbucks?" Well, I'm from near Seattle and was looking for something local... In other words, anything but Starbucks! So, I gave up on coffee and just wandered around the Bishop Arts District.




Pie on the porch
 Finally I found a neat little restaurant with a great sidewalk patio. As looked through their drink list, I realized that most of the hops in the US are grown in the PNW (74% in the Yakima area alone) In any case, it was an ideal spot for postcard writing and enjoying a stellar sunset!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!