Friday, July 22, 2016

Niagra Falls (the Canadian side)

My  last work assignment was to Rochester, NY.  It was my first time in Upstate NY, so I made  a  point to visit Niagra Falls on the way.

Buckley the Bison at American Falls, Niagra, ON
Niagra Falls is really made up of two falls on the Niagra River: American Falls (on the American side), and Horseshoe Falls (on  the  Canadian side). You're probably used to seeing Horseshoe falls, which are generally considered more impressive for their longer length, continuous drop, and the cloud of mist that rises from them. 



E, my roommate from my first two years of college, drove over from her home near Kitchener to meet me. We had a great dinner at Antica Pizzeria & Ristorante (I love having foodie friends!), then wandered down to the Falls. 

 We stuck around just long enough for the fireworks that evening, then she drove west and I drove east.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!