Saturday, April 23, 2016

Boise (because Basque food!)

I'm fairly certain that I'm the only person at work who enjoys being sent to Idaho for trainings. Sandpoint? Love it, and I can spend the weekend with Nana and Grandpa! Idaho Falls? I'll have dinner with M's brothers. Boise? Basque food!


Of course, my favorite part of Boise is the Basque block. I love the tiles in the streets with family names of Basques who settled in the area, childrens' songs in Euskera, and the crests of the seven provinces. I always make a stop at the Basque market, either for Pintxos or a glass of cider. 



Of course, the best part of the block is Bar Gernika, where you can order a legit solomo sandwich (marinated pork on real baguette) with a side of Kroketak and a glass of Kalimotxo. I had to come back on my way to the airport, and ate an entire plate of piping hot fried croquettes myself... I think I've hit my Kroketak quota for the foreseeable future!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!