Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Sleeping (?) in Airports

I'm finally en-route to Lima, Peru, where Jone is waiting for me. Already I've learned that even modern air travel in central America has its own flavor. Not so much "hurry up and wait," as just "wait." I'm in the San Salvador airport, sandwiched between a cluster of people on their cell phones and a mob of name-tagged LDS missionaries sipping coke and munching snacks. The only flight from here to Lima leaves in about 7 hours. My flight from San Francisco to here left at 1:25am. To get through the day, I figured I needed to sleep while I could. A good decision, as it turns out the San Salvador airport is a little cramped. Here's the solution I came up with at SFO:


It took a little while to find somewhere quiet but public. My pillow tucked neatly into the hood of my coat, with everything important underneath. An alarm to make sure I didn't miss my flight, and ear plugs to block out the frequent announcements. Not bad for an hour of the 1.5 hours I hoped to sleep through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!