Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Fun times in Hockeytown

I've heard the Quebecers say that "Calling Detroit 'hockeytown' is like calling Montreal 'motor city'." Detroit disagrees.



One of my co-workers suggested that we all go to a RedWings game after our training at the end of March. The guys from Central and South America were excited to see what had been sold to them as "ice fighting." Sadly, Martin (from Sweden) had never seen a game, either. I usually wouldn't root for the 'Wings, but in this case (and for Steph's sake) I pulled for the home team.
Waiting for the puck to drop
The RedWings were not playing very well, and it was thanks to luck and goalkeeping that they were up by 1 at the end of the second period. I have to say, the Joe Louis Arena is the only place I've ever been where men's bathroom lines are twice as long as the women's. It also makes Rodger's Arena look like a palace ;)
A sea of red and white
 We left a few minutes early to beat the rush out of the hotel... in time to miss the tying goal and a shootout defeat. Still, fun times in Hockeytown.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!