Saturday, August 31, 2013

Auburn (football!)

Football is a religion in the southeast. We decided to take part by going to the auburn/WSU game in Alabama. Sweet, eh? And then it turned out that Leslie and Tim, friends from high school, were going to make the game too. What fun!!
Welcome to Opelika, Alabama
I worked out this morning, made a stop for provisions, and then we packet and drove west. 6.5 hours and two coffee stops later we pulled into the land of orange and navy. One thing that I'll say for Auburn fans - they are some of the nicest fans (of any sport!) I have ever met. Those of us in crimson and gray were told to "enjoy the game," "y'all played well," and "welcome to Auburn!"
The first TD of the game went to the Cougs!
WSU actually showed up to play (and looked pretty good!), and Leslie and Tim spent the better part of the game sitting with Jim and me in the nosebleed section. I hadn't seen either of them in years- Tim in Vienna, and Leslie four years before in Anacortes. Good times!
Ryan, my cousin who lives in Auburn, meet up with us for burgers after the game. We finally got to talk about family and just hang out. He couldn't believe that someone from his dad's teetotaling side of the family bought him a beer :)
Strange after-game traditions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a nifty note! I'd love to hear from you!